This is a perfect appetizer for any potluck. It replaces egg yolk with non fat cotton cheese.The recipe serves 24 and contains only 2 grams of fat.
- 12 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup nonfat cotton cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Paprika for garnish
Directions: Cut the eggs into half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks. Take 16 yolk halves in a food processor and discard the rest. Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, chives, relish, mustard and salt, and process until it becomes smooth. Stuff the yolk mixture into the egg white half. Sprinkle paprika to taste.
Grilled Eggplant and tomato stacks
The eggplant (brinjal) can be grilled up to a day in advance , and then you can assemble the eggplant, tomato, and mozzarella stacks at the last minute. This recipe can serve six people.
- 2 teaspoons and extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (3/4 to 1 pound) medium eggplant, cut into 6 rounds about half inch thick
- ½ teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 2 large beef steak tomatoes, each cut into 3 slices about ¾ inch thick
- 6 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 6 thin slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grounded pepper
Preheat grill to medium high or place a grill pan over medium high heat until hot. Use 2 teaspoon oil to brush both side of eggplant slices; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Grill the eggplant slices for 5 minutes. Turn; continue grilling until tender and marked with grill lines. Transfer to a large platter. Spread each eggplant slice with 1 teaspoon pesto. Top with a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella, and a basil leaf. Drizzle vinegar and with the remaining oil.; sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper over it.
Thanks to Serrano chillies this recipe has a spicy kick to it. If you want to amp it more, add a touch of hot sauce to it. Your guest will love this dip.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large Serrano chilies chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Using a fork, mash avocado with lime juice in small bowl. Add cilantro, chopped onion, chopped garlic, Serrano chilies and salt and stir to combine.
They are perfect as a game day snack, afternoon munchies and party appetizer, and they are ready to go in less than 15 minutes.
- 1/ 3 cup herb flavored panko breadcrumbs
- 3 light string cheese sticks
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup reduced sodium marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add 1/ 3 cup of panko bread crumbs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until it get toasted, keep it stirring. Remove from heat and place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Put the egg whites in a small bowl. Make mozzarella stick into 1- inch pieces And working one piece at a time dip cheese in egg whites then roll in breadcrumbs. Place cheese on a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 3 minutes till the cheese get softened and thoroughly heated. Pour the marinara sauce into a microwave on high one minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds.