Valentine’s Day is a lovely occasion to take your valentine out for a romantic evening and make memories you’ll cherish forever. Gaurav Bhargava, Category Head at Housejoy and an expert in men’s grooming, has a few tips to help you groom perfectly for Valentine’s Day.
Get Rid Of The Oily Skin
First and foremost – you need to look primped and oily skin really doesn’t help. Here’s a way you can get rid of oily skin at home without using any chemically enhanced product.
- Take a clean bowl. Mix a dollop of aloe gel, 1 egg white and 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Apply this blend to your face and neck.
- Wait for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Your Skin Needs Moisturizing
If you prefer natural and chemical-free solutions for skin care, then here is a simple solution for moisturizing your skin.
- Add a spoonful of honey to 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and make a paste.
- Use some milk to thin the paste a little.
- Take the paste and massage it on your face and neck in circular movements.
- Keep it for about 10 minutes and then wash it to reveal a soft, nourished skin.
Clothes, Shoes, Hairstyle And Attitude Matters Too
Aim for a polished appeal to make a real impression this Valentine’s Day. Here are some things you might want to check before you leave for your date.
- Wear a nice shirt with jeans(do not wear a t-shirt/sweatshirt). Take a jacket if it’s cold.
- Don’t leave your hair uncombed. Use gel/wax to keep your hairstyle in check throughout the entire date.
- Wear sneakers or shoes but definitely not sandals or slippers.
- Be gentle and caring to your date, and humble to the ones around you.
The Most Important Of All
This is probably the most important tip for the day of love. Greet your partner with a bouquet of her favourite flowers, some chocolates and a big smile on your face. This will not only make her day but also set the mood for the rest of your plans.
No matter how much people say that “A book shouldn’t be judged by its cover”, it is not always the case and hence every single man should put effort into keeping themselves well-groomed.